Sunday, February 28, 2010

Matter of Perspective

Arjuna thinks that killing his kin is a great sin. Krishna tries to convince Arjuna to fight by telling his beliefs of how one is only destroyed physically, while life itself is intact.

I got to think about how people would have reacted at the time this was written. Maybe the fact that life is eternal might have been new to them and gave them something to think about. If they already believed in that before the piece of writing, then never mind. :)

I think that depending on what perspective, as in, how you see the situation, it gets very different. If you were Arjuna and you were not willing to kill members of your family, you would be left even more confused after what Krishna were to tell him. As for Krishna, believes the completely opposite, and is desperate to convince Arjuna.

I think it is wrong that Krishna is trying to convince Arjuna to kill his kin, although I had to agree on some parts of the beliefs.

I'm sorry if I wrote things that don't make much sense. It's late in the night and I want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment