Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Between Acting and Inacting

Arjuna is still arguing with Krishna. When will they end? Anyways, Arjuna thinks that knowledge is more important than action, but Krishna convinces him that to gain wisdom, one must go through action. (Karma Yoga) Also, he talks about how it has to be done with self-awareness. He explains how he has been teaching yoga for a very long time. They keep talking about how action is better than renunciation and so on.

I like how the ideas and thoughts given are very deep and convincing. Yet, I still see it somewhat wrong that Krishna is trying to persuade Arjuna to kill.

But now, Krishna is accepted as one of the main 'good' characters, and appears to be the 'right' character, making him more believable to the readers than it was in the first teaching.

I think it is pretty weird that they have still not had some action despite the time the story has been continuing for. I guess this shows how this is a teaching book and not a novel. This can also be seen from that the divisions are not called chapters but teachings.


In my personal opinion, I would still prefer that Arjuna wouldn't kill. Why? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment