Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rebirth?

The Karma Ghost - by Blob Maker Productions :)

This is a totally unrelated animation video. I just put it up because it is cool and the title includes the word 'karma'. Yes, I'm weird.

I think I'm the only one that finally noticed that the whole book will be about teachings. As in, they will not enter war until maybe the end.

Krishna keeps teaching Arjuna about yoga, such as the path of knowledge: the jnana yoga. He is later also told that when he dies, he should think of the divine, or he will go through the suffering of rebirth. Krishna keeps mentioning about how yoga is important for life and how it must be done.

I agree with most of the things that Krishna is telling Arjuna to convince him, and it appears that the things he is saying has a very deep meaning. Yet, some of the things he said sounded a little weird for me. For example, he said that reincrnation would bring suffering, but think logically: Based on the information given by the text, we are people who have lived before, and we apparantly can't remember it. This is more of a second (or more) chance to live a better life. Something like that.

Anyways, I don't have much on my mind now; I'm thinking about muffins. So that's the end of my very-short-and-simple-talk-about-rebirth-and-other-stuff-concerning-the-text.

No comments:

Post a Comment