Monday, May 17, 2010

He Who Follows the Tao

Tao Te Ching 13-28

Still reading the Tao Te Ching. Yay.

The book isn't bad. Although it's just teachings and stuff, it's not all that boring. I think it's because the text is divided up into very short sections. We go to the next part before getting bored. Something like that. I don't know. I'm just saying.

I noticed that the text kept saying something that was either obvious, or was the same thing that was stated. What do I mean? Look at the following quote:
"He who follows the Tao
Is at one with the Tao.
He who is virtuous
Experiences Virtue.
He who loses the way
Is lost." (Tao Te Ching 23)

Yeah. It's obvious someone who is virtuous experiences virtue.
This wasn't the only part of the book that said something like that. The book is full of those things. Stuff like 'He who is **** is ****'.


I found a quote that I quite agree with.
"He who does not trust enough
Will not be trusted." (Tao Te Ching 23)
That's the typical quote that you would hear from a good, noble man. I'm just saying. Anyways, I agree. I mean, who will trust you if you won't trust anyone else? You know the saying: 'You reap what you sow'. Be good to others, and they will be good to you too. Is that what the quote means? I don't know. I'm sleepy.

Yay. I'm almost already halfway through the book.
Let's hope I don't get bored of it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment